Faculty Friday: Brandi Ball

Alise Maxie

More stories from Alise Maxie

Happy Earth Day
April 5, 2019

Teachers play an important role in our school so we decided it would be a good idea to highlight them every Friday!

Interviewer: “ What’s your favorite color?”

“I actually do not have a favorite color. It depends on the day. Every color is amazing at times.”

Interviewer: “Why did you start teaching?”

“I have known since I was child I wanted to be a teacher, however I learned I wanted to teach math and color guard from my color guard director in high school. It seemed like you got to do a little bit of everything, and you really do.”

Interviewer: “What subject do you teach?”

“I teach Algebra 1 and I teach the color guard, which is the visual part of the marching band (the flags).”

Interviewer: “What’s your favorite movie?”

“Pride and Prejudice. It has great acting and I love the setting and time period.”

Interviewer: “Do you have any pets?”

“I do. I have cats that I foster and have adopted.”

Interviewer: “How many years have you worked at Falls?”

“This is my second year at Cypress Falls, but I am a graduate of Cypress Falls as well.”

Interviewer: “How many years have you been teaching?”

“This is my second year of teaching after graduating from the University of Houston.”

Interviewer: “What’s your favorite song?”

“I do not have a favorite song. I really love anything with great vocals or with a great beat”.

Interviewer: “What’s your favorite thing about being a teacher?”

“I love making the connections with students and watching students figure out something that they have struggled with. Those “light bulb” moments make it all worth it.”

Interviewer: “Where did you go to college?”

“I completed my Associates at Lone Star College- Cy-Fair then transferred to the University of Houston- Main Campus (GO COOGS!) and earned my Bachelor of Science in Math with a minor in Education.”