Fall in the Falls

Alise Maxie, Editor

It’s officially Autumn season and the students and staff here at Cy Falls are loving it. The smell of pumpkin spice and cinnamon apple are filling the halls from the morning Starbucks trips before school to the wall plugs-ins in the classroom.

“Pumpkin spice is definitely my all time favorite fall scent because I love the way it tastes and the way it smells in candles,” Samantha Zumwalt (12) said.

But fall doesn’t just bring back comfort scents, it also brings in comfort fashion. Yes! The fur boots and sweater season is finally back and already in progress. It won’t be long until Uggs and fur Crocs start filling the halls.

“Well I love a chill fall outfit, like just jeans and a sweater,” Citlalli Aranda (12)  continued to say.

“Sometimes when I want to look cute then maybe a dress or a skirt paired with a nice thigh high boots. The perfect outfit for the cooler weather.”

Some students have already started decorating their rooms at home for the Autumn season.

“I have decorated and it looks very cozy and festive with lots of leaves, pumpkins, candles and fairy lights,” Zumwalt (12) said.

Yet, who can ever forget all the fun things to do during the falls such as pumpkin patches, hay rides, haunted houses and simple things such as raking the leaves and making homemade apple cider.

My favorite thing to do in the fall is to drink salted caramel frappuccino’s, and have movie nights with my family,” Jasmine Mays (12) said.

Autumn comes from the Greek root word autu, which means “end of summer” and “passing of the year.” Autumn is the season to shed the old past so people can get ready for the next year.

“The thing I’m looking forward to most this fall is the temperature change,” Mays (12) continued to say. “It’s hot all the the time in Texas and the cooler weather is the perfect way to end out the year.”